1 pound melt and pour soap (i.e. goat’s milk soap)
2 lemons, zested
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
20 drops Lemon oil
Rubbing alcohol in spray bottle (optional)
- Cut one pound of soap base into small squares. One pound of soap can make between four and eight bars of soap, depending on the size of your mold.
- Place cut-up soap into a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Set aside. Tip: If you don’t want to use a microwave, you can also use a double boiler. Stir with a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
- Zest two lemons and add zest and poppy seeds to melted soap.
- Add Lemon oil and stir until combined.
- Pour soap into silicone mold. Spray soap with rubbing alcohol for a smooth top that is free of bubbles.
- Let soap harden for two to three hours. Once hard, it is ready to be used.
Note: Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so typically, we do not recommend exposing the skin to direct sunlight after the topical application of citrus essential oils. However, the essential oils in the soap bars are found in small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm.